WELCOME TO MY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR!!

Crazy colors for a crazy life!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Zentangles

Because I am so attracted to patterning and texture, I have become intrigued and been "playing" with a process called "Zentangles," doodling in pattern in a meditative way.  See information here and here.  There are some pretty cool videos on YouTube also. This is one of my earlier pieces:

I have since, tried to incorporate some realistic drawing that employs the doodling/patterning.  The flicker is my first effort.  What a lot of fun, while thinking about design, composition, variety and repetition!

Remember my upcoming classes!  Sign up early as space is limited.  Also, remember to come to Artisan Santa Fe on Feb. 4 to see me paint in oil sticks.








Class Schedule 2012:

March 24, 2012  Painting Floral Landscapes   SpiritBird Studio, High Rolls, NM
April 14, 2012    Small Jewels (3”x4” to 6”x6” paintings) SpiritBird Studio, High Rolls, NM
April 18-20         Brush-free Oil Painting     SpiritBird Studio, High Rolls, NM
May 11, 2012     Paintings Irises (on location)   Hondo Iris Farm, Hondo, NM
June 18-22, 2012 Creative Composition    SpiritBird Studio, High Rolls, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment