WELCOME TO MY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR!!

Crazy colors for a crazy life!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Upcoming Oil Stick Demo at Artisan Santa Fe

Great news!  I have been invited by Artisan of Santa Fe to do a free art demonstration of my oil stick painting technique.  The demo will be on Saturday, February 4th, 2012, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at their Santa Fe store, 2601 Cerrillos Rd.  I hope lots of people come to share in this fun textural approach to creating almost brush-less oil paintings.

"A Day Like Today" was created with the oil sticks that I use, including some from three brands--Sennelier, Winsor-Newton, and Shiva.  I also added some touches of palette knife applied oil to give added dimension and texture.  The chamisas in the foreground almost glow in low light!

No comments:

Post a Comment