WELCOME TO MY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR!!

Crazy colors for a crazy life!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Demystifying Composition

Composition is one of those art topics that can stir up a fire-storm in a hurry!  Nearly as many definitions for composition exist as there are artists.  Yet the ability to create strong "compositions" in painting continues to elude many artists.

"Why isn't my painting working?"
"How do I get harmonious color?"
"How do I get strong design into my painting?"

These are just some of the questions that plague artists.  Almost every art magazine has at least one article promising a "quick fix" one of these topics.  Nearly all the explanations about design are about as "clear as mud."

I am teaching a class called "Demystifying Composition," presenting an innovative approach to designing successful artwork.  We will explore abstract structure and review drawing and color study, in order to help create stronger paintings.  The sign of a really good artist is when she or he can break the rules and get away with it!  But you need to know the rules in order to break them.

The class will be in my studio July 6, 7, & 8th.  Hours are 9-4 daily, with a break for lunch.  Cost is only $200, with all supplies.  I only have a couple places left in the class, so if you feel the need to release your creativity by freeing yourself to compose, sign up today!  Contact me by phone (575.430.6148) or by email (sarajchambers@yahoo.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment