WELCOME TO MY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR!!

Crazy colors for a crazy life!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Monotype Experiments


I was short of extra working time yesterday, but wanted to play with an idea about using oil paint on a black gessoed board to create a monotype image. Realizing that I needed some sort of flexible application, I tried using palette knife on wax paper to apply the design, since I was using a rigid support for the final product. I also had been working with alkyd paint earlier, so that's what I used.

Since it's almost spring, I had in mind a dandelion as the subject. The outcome was pretty pleasing, even if it doesn't necessarily look like a dandelion! The main thing I learned is that I want to leave more "edges" around much of my subject to gain more black. This photo, taken with my cell phone at night, is a little less sharp than I'd like, but I wanted to share it, anyway.

I may try adding to the surface today, to see what can happen. At any rate, I'm having fun!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not familiar with doing monotypes. (I missed that demo at CAS.) But I do know this: I really like the image you've posted! You have such a distinct style - and this seems to fit in with it beautifully. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete