WELCOME TO MY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR!!

Crazy colors for a crazy life!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Attitude




Quote for today: "The first thing I do in the morning is to make my bed and while I am making up my bed I am making up my mind as to what kind of a day I am going to have." Robert Frost

Today, I really have to choose my attitude. It's tax time and I am reminded that a right-brained artist needs MORE THAN a great deal of help to keep accurate records. Driving my sweet, left-brained husband crazy is not my intent, but it seems to be what I've done. I now have ANOTHER New Year's resolution: to keep more easily found records of my mileage, expenses, etc., for my art business. Every year, I think I'm doing this and every y
ear . . . . Sigh.

The latest of my mini paintings, which I painted as a painting-a-day, has attitude! "Cactus Flower," (5x5 gallery wrapped oil) was underpainted first in brush, but then I thought better of it and used palette knife to restate the strokes. As is common, I loved the black gesso background, so I painted it with black mixed with red to temper it. The result is pretty fun and colorful.
Any comments would be appreciated.

This would make a great piece of art for a bathroom or any other small space that needs brightening up! (PS--You can own this little gem for $100, plus shipping. Just let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment