WELCOME TO MY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR!!

Crazy colors for a crazy life!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Serendipity

It was serendipity that I found this quote:  "There is an art to wandering. If I have a destination, a plan – an objective – I've lost the ability to find serendipity. I am on a quest, not a ramble. I search for the Holy Grail of particularity and miss the chalice freely offered, filled and overflowing." (Cathy Johnson)

I experienced serendipity at its fullest yesterday while attempting to visit the Rio Grande Botanical Garden, aka the ABQ BioParkBotanic Garden, in Albuquerque.  Amazing garden!  Packed full of irises, poppies and all manner of other colorful blooms.  I highly recommend a painting day or two there, if you have opportunity.  




By the time I arrived at the park (new GPS system not so user-friendly!), wandered around just absorbing and SEEING the wonders, ate lunch, warmed up, set up and painted, for about an hour, my time was gone!  The time was truly a treasure in that glorious garden.  I manage to grab a small watercolor and this small oil from the party that was going on.  
"Glorious Day" 8"x 6" oil
Buy this painting

Be sure to note that I am teaching an Iris Painting Class at the Hondo Iris Farm on May 28th, 9-4.  Call or email me for details.  575-430-6148 or sarajchambers@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment