WELCOME TO MY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR!!

Crazy colors for a crazy life!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy New Year--Dancing in the Dark

Happy New Year!

I know, I know--that was over two months ago.  But my "new year" was stuck in limbo for six weeks due to an illness in my family.  Then it took me another three weeks to "get back to myself"!  This pastel is one of my newest paintings.  I called it "Dancing in the Dark."  (20x16 pastel on board)  Irises always make me happy!  I really enjoy the play of the light against the dark teal background.

We have an upcoming trip to Chile and Argentina.  It will be very fun to see what that trip adds to my future paintings!

I will be teaching a two day class in pastel painting in early May for the Pastel Society of El Paso.  That will be a lot of fun!

PS--I found out that my short term "paralysis" at creating during a crisis has a name--"anticipatory grief."  Who knew?  Whew--glad it is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment