WELCOME TO MY LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR!!

Crazy colors for a crazy life!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Experimentation

I have been playing with a different approach to painting, using a brush and more medium than I usually do, with a smoother application and a few more lost edges.

Here are some pics of the stages, plus a couple of details, to give an idea of what it looks like.  The one on the left is an early stage, with some of the "drawing" still showing.  I'd intended to add palette knife paint, but was too charmed by what was happening.

 Here are some details:








The final product, "Allegro," (14x11 oil on canvas) pleases me very much. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I'm such a floweraholic I'm trying not to let it weigh on my response, but I abolutely love, Love, LOVE IT! It's gorgeous. I love the softness of the background and lost edges in conjunction with the foreground edges. The colors are yummy and I wish it was hanging on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! Painting flowers is really fun! I never tire of the colors and the line!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete